Friday, August 12, 2016

Chapter 295 - Clean


Whamm!! Double post.

As I walked past the lobby of Sasana Kijang, I noticed a group of people at the sitting area. I straight away recognized they were there for job interview. Tucked shirt, necktie, neat hair and shiny shoes for men. And for ladies, they usually adorn corporate look; dark colored blouses and either skirt or pants. But hey, isn't that what BNMers wear? Well, they also have a visitor sticker on their shirt pocket and always seen holding a file which keeps their CV. I was one of them once upon a time.

I used to be enthusiastic and optimist on my chances of getting a job. Since 2007 until 2014, I aced my interview. What I mean is, for every interview I went, I landed the job. After graduated on 2007 until 2014, I went to 5 job interviews and I landed 4 jobs (I rejected one offer due to location which is in Klang). That gives me 100% success.

But that changed after I was discontinued with BAT in early 2015. Since then until now, I went to 7 job interviews but landed 2 offers. Heavy dip to 28.5%. It definitely affect my confidence, and my stand post-interview ever-since changed to "Berserah je la" or "Kalau ada rezeki ada la..". Which I don't put too much hope and therefore I don't get heartbroken whenever I didn't get the job. The most 2 infuriating moments for me were the BNM interview and PTD assessment. I was so positive I nailed my interview but to be rejected at the 11th hour. Since I had similar experience to this type of interview which is a group discussion, I knew what to do and how to do it. So, to be delivered the news that you didn't make the cut while your newly acquainted friends did make it even so they were not really great in the interview really ticks me. It is NOT jealousy, but when you did so good that you feel that you nailed it, then to be let down really eating me inside. It took some time for me to digest my failure. Right after I got home, I even emailed the lady whom coordinating us asking what went wrong, but I knew she won't entertain me. I do have a theory which I don't want to share the details as I will make a heavy accusation of certain interviewer abusing his power over family dispute.

Then there was this PTD assessment. My father-in-law was a government servant his whole life. Some of which in administration and most of them as an academician. From plain lecturer to full professor (with distinguished local and international journals/writings, books, dissertations and papers). He told me that he was so close in becoming a PTD during his early years, did he not accepted an offer from a local university and idly wait without pay at Wisma Putra. He did not regret his choice at all, but occasionally wonder 'what if'. So, knowing that I was called for a PTD assessment, he was so happy. I however was reluctant.

The assessment will starts off with physical assessment. Candidates passing this phase will get to stay on another day for further assessment. On the invitation letter, it clearly says that candidate must maintain within certain BMI range which I slightly fail (I think the margin should be excusable though). So, I don't want to waste my time and money driving 400Km to Kemaman, Terengganu just to run few laps and drive back another 400Km feeling like shit. I called the agency and the lady persuaded me to just go and try my luck. How silly I was. So I drove there, completed their physical test which some I did good and some not. I was confidence if they merit me on certain attributes, I would surely pass. And soon after lunch they announced the candidates who didn't make the cut. I was among them. Frustrated and heartbroken as I feel that I let down not only my wife, but her family as well. So, before I drive home, I chugged some sata, otak-otak, keropok lekor and sotong goreng tepung. Next thing I know, my gout flaring.

To them candidates, I wish all the best. Give your best and go with God's will.






No comments:

:: G Talk ::

:: ViD bOx ::


Wonderboy? - Nobody